Friday, April 19, 2013

American Avocet and Great Horned Owl Family

American Avocet at White Oak Park in Bloomington, IL

On the morning of April 19, I photographed this Northern Flicker at Ewing Park.

Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) at Ewing Park in Normal, IL

Later the same day, I photographed this male Blue-gray Gnatcatcher at Centennial Park near Heyworth.

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher at Centennial Park in McLean County, IL 02

Then I heard that Matthew Winks had found an American Avocet at White Oak Park, I went to see if I could find it. I ran into Joe Phipps there, and we both got great looks at the bird.

American Avocet at White Oak Park in Normal, IL 07

Then I went to Evergreen Lake where I located the two fledgling owlets and one of their parents.

Great Horned Owl at Evergreen Lake 15

Great Horned Owl at Evergreen Lake 30

Great Horned Owl at Evergreen Lake 25

Great Horned Owl at Evergreen Lake 24

No comments:

Post a Comment