Saturday, May 31, 2014

Acadian Flycatcher at Merwin Nature Preserve in McLean County, IL

Acadian Flycatcher at Merwin Nature Preserve in McLean County, IL 01

In June 2014, I posted this bird I photographed on May 31, 2014 on the Illinois Birder's Forum. It was the first time I saw this bird and heard it singing at the same time. I thought I might have seen one at Merwin the year before, but could not be certain without hearing it call. I had also heard this species singing a few times, but had never been able to spot one of the ones I heard singing. This was a special sighting for me--an Acadian Flycatcher. What was interesting about this bird was the yellow coloration on the throat and chest, which made it appear similar to a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher.



I did not saturate the photo or change the color. I only lightened and sharpened it a bit. The original looked just as yellow.

Acadian Flycatcher at Merwin Nature Preserve in McLean County, IL 02

Written and published on February 1, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment