Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day Four - Fireworks and Backyard Birds

Tricolored Heron in Tampa, FL 05

I woke up fairly early on the 4th of July, but decided to take a break from birding. I was physically exhausted after two days in the hot sun at Fort DeSoto, and I wanted to spend time with Carrie and my brother's family. But I did take time to see what was in the backyard detention pond. So I saw the beautiful Tricolored Heron shown above and the Little Blue Heron shown below. Other backyard birds again included White Ibis and Anhinga. I had already seen all of these birds on this trip, but I would be leaving Greg's house soon, and when would I get to see a Tricolored or Little Blue Heron in the backyard again?

Little Blue Heron in Tampa, FL 03

Greg cooked us breakfast and took us on a tour of Idlewild Baptist Church, while Lynn was preparing food for the church picnic. Later that evening, Greg performed in the church orchestra at the picnic, and we ate and watched fireworks on the church grounds.

Written and published on July 21, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment